Ahmadu-Bello street wore a vivid coat of traffic jam and Adeola-Odeku wasn’t free of the virus either. Lekki express way was a grid-lock of a hundred cars. It was a sunday, and the mid-day sun burned with a merciless flame. Gorgeously-dressed Pedestrians gathered at bus-stops frantically awaiting commuter buses. Their sweaty scalps glistened and tanned with agonzing pain. The Palms Shopping Mall was jam-packed, Silverbird Galleria teemed with ostentatiously-dressed couples and all the beaches on Lekki Peninsula thronged with jubilant love-birds. It was Val’s day, 2010.
Tomorrow again marks another Valentine’s day and I am sure the general throb in the heart of most guys in Nigeria this morning is ”Where am I taking her this Val?”
Considering the opportunity offered us by next tomorow’s public holiday (15th Feb.), we hereby offer a suggestion of choice getaway locations for couples who’se got taste for nature, uniqueness and ”something” beyond the common and usual:
1. Go picnicking with her on the plush fields of Obudu Ranch Resort, overlooking magnificent waterfalls and awe-inspiring views of gently rolling hills and valleys. The pristine air and breath-taking vistas naturally endears you to one another and facilitates a mood of solitude as well as freedom to open up to oneanother, while unresolved issues in the relationship can be discussed, resolutions made and sincere mutual affection is rekindled.
Obudu Ranch Resort sits on the picturesque Obudu Plateau, Cross-River State. The resort’s Bebi airstrip is a great advantage here as it offers a quick and easy get-in-and-get-out for short-termed visits to the resort.
2. Go couple-golfing on the lush and breath-taking terraces of the Le Meridien Ibom Golf Resort. Though sounding unusual to the average Nigerian couple, nevertheless, the experience poses an unfogettable one for those couples who’s got desire for solitude and taste for distinction. Imagine taking her out to a verdant sprawling field and teaching her how to play golf with intermittent picnicking on fruits and wine. The mood facilitates an avenue for retreat and conflict resolution for strained relationships as couples engage in uninterrupted heart-felt discussions. The Golf Resort is fast becoming the topmost rated tourist resort in Nigeria. Set in a landscape of Tropical beauty, it is fitted with a top-class hotel of 130 Guest Rooms, 26 Suites and Seven Chalets; a golf course, 3 Bars, 3 Restaurants, Marina Club House and BBQ Terrace, a heliport, swimming pools, gym, jacuzzis, sporting facilities and a beautiful Riverside Marina with a floating jetty.
3. Wind surfing with her on the harbour breakwaters of Tarkwa Bay and Ogogoro Island, Lagos. This is special for fun and adventure seeking couples. Ogogoro Island is home to the Lagos Yatch Club and close allies with the club management may facilitate your use of their water sports equipment. The acquatic touch naturally endears the couple to one another. It is however, not suited for couples who have phobia for water as the ‘hydro’-phobia will rather kill the anticipated excitement rather than promote it.
4. Picnicking and golfing with her at the Hilltop Golf Resort in Abeokuta, Ogun State. The ambience is inviting and refreshing with the vantage location of the resort on a hill top which gives a panoramic view of the surrounding landscape. The resort is fitted with a golf course, Lake with a peninsula as well as a boat club. This again is for couples who value a measure of serenity and have taste for class.
5. Water-skiing and angling on the enchanting waters of Lacampagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Lekki Penninsula, Lagos. Among the numerous exciting activities available at the beach resort for fun-seeking couples, it also offers a range of water-sporting facilities which include jet-skiing and waterskiing as well as angling. Imagine catching fishes together and roasting them on the beach using an improvised Barbecue equipment. Lacampagne Tropicana is about 1hr drive from Victoria Island, along Lekki-Epe express way (turning off the main road at Total Filling Station).Tweet