OMEGA had to join the replica watches beautiful planet foundation and fake rolex replica its founder Yann Athers Bertrand in 2011 (Yann Arthus-Bertrand) documentary "marine universe", the earth will show the uk replica greatest nature to the world, to encourage human beings to replica watches uk" protect the natural environment.
Last Sunday, 29th June, 2014, Naijatreks took a group of amazing, beautiful and fun people on a trip to the Oke-Ado Mountains of Oke-Ogun, Oyo State, south-west Nigeria.
We took off from Lagos at 8:00am, snaked our way through the ancient town of Abeokuta, to connect Abeokuta-Iseyin road and finally arrived at Ado-Awaye town at 10:30am. We first visited the home of Chief Aro Akintayo of Ado-Awaye, who narrated the history of the people of Ado-Awaye and their connection with the sacred mountain.
We left his house and tour guides led us to the mountain. The arduous hike up Oke-Ado Mountain and the descent, took a total of about 2 and a half hours, which featured stop-overs at numerous attractions on the mountain. When we got back to the foot of the mountain, we took off to Iseyin town, about 20 minutes drive up north from Ado-Awaye to see the dexterous Aso-oke weavers in the small town. It was an extremely refreshing experience.
See below some photos from the trip:
From Lagos through Abeokuta town…
Welcome to Ado-Awaye town…
– Peaking through the window at the majestic sacred mountains of Oke-Ado.
– The house of Chief Aro Akintayo, Ado-Awaye town.
– Listening to the history of the Ado and Awaye people, narrated by Chief Aro and interpreted by Dolapo George of the Naijatreks Team.
– We were given ‘a window into the history of the Ado-Awaye people’.
– Welcome to the Sacred Oke-Ado Mountain which hosts the Iyake suspended Lake and many other amazing attractions.
– Receiving final hiking instructions from Baba Adediran Adeseun, the custodian of the sacred mountain.
And the arduous hike starts HERE…
– Sweating, savouring the glory of the soaring Sun and trying to catch her breath at the same time… hiking a steep mountain side can be tough!
– Beautiful snail, hiking its own way up the mountain… it may not get to the peak today, but sometime soon it will.
– Hiking continues….climbing into the skies can be addictive.
– Welcome to the enchanting Iyake Suspended Lake… A lake, held and lifted into the skies by the sacred hands of Oke-Ado Mountain.
Tour guide: Aunty, take this water (fetched from the lake) and drink. It brings blessings.
Tourist Ibinabo: Drink what… Are you kidding me?
This article was written by Folarin Kolawole
Founder of Naijatreks, Nigerian-born Folarin Kolawole is a geologist, travel writer and researcher. When not at work, he travels the length and breadth of Nigeria, exploring, taking photos and writing about her numerous hidden tourist potentials. 'Naijatreks' is a product name registered under the Ntreks brand, which is also duly registered by Nigeria's Federal Corporate Affairs Commission. The contents on this blog are re-usable. However, it must be ensured that it is linked back to this blog, and correctly attributed to Naijatreks or the author. Please do not edit, rewrite or commercialize the original works on this blog without direct and written permission from the Founder (Folarin Kolawole). For inquiries and advert placement on the blog, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.