NTreks Tourism is a duly registered organization, born out of a deep admiration and love for nature as well as a quest to explore, promote and develop the numerous tourist potentials of Nigeria.
Objectives of NTreks Tourism:
Our Vision: “Our vision is to see the world come to a goading awareness of the vast wealth of tourism potentials the nation’s landmass has to offer”.
Mission Statement: “Our mission is to explore and expose the hidden wealth in the wilds of Nigeria”. We want to go for the ‘ungone’, write about the unwritten and explore the unexplored.
NTreks had been in existence since May 2003, during which it has undertaken a number of projects in-line with achieving her set goals stated above. Here are some of our activities so far:
- Exploration trips to numerous known and unknown tourist sites within the country.
- The discovery and mapping of some endangered talus caves and rock formations on the outskirts of Akure town, south-western Nigeria.
- The discovery and monitoring of an endangered community of a rare Terrapin Turtle species subsisting in gnammas located on granite inselbergs in Akure town, south-western Nigeria.
- Promotion of tourism consciousness among Nigerians at home by the publication of tourism and travel articles in local and National dailies, as well as on the Naijatreks blog
- Support of student tourism clubs in a tertiary institutions within the country (Student Tourism Association of Nigeria, F.U.T.A Chapter).
About Folarin Kolawole
Founder of Naijatreks, Nigerian-born Folarin Kolawole’s travel writing and photography depict a passionate romance with nature’s endowments. He grew up in the small town of Akure, Ondo State. He is a geologist, travel writer, researcher and tourism activist. When not at work, he writes scientific research papers (many of which have been published in international journals and presented at various national conferences), and travels the length and breadth of Nigeria, exploring, taking photos and writing about her numerous hidden tourist potentials.
Copyrights and Disclosure
Ntreks is a duly registered organization with the corporate affairs commission of Nigeria (CAC); and the contents of this Blog remain an intellectual property of Ntreks unless stated otherwise.
The contents on this blog are re-usable. However, it must be ensured that it is linked back to this blog, and correctly attributed to Folarin Kolawole or the author.