Ntreks Tourism is a duly registered organization, born out of a deep admiration and love for nature as well as a quest to explore, promote and develop the numerous tourist potentials of Nigeria. Ntreks is registered under Nigeria’s federal Corporate Affairs Commission, and ‘Naijatreks’ is a product name registered under the Ntreks brand.
Objectives of NTreks Tourism:
Our Vision: “Our vision is to see the world come to a goading awareness of the vast wealth of tourism potentials Nigeria has to offer”.
Mission Statement: “Our mission is to explore and expose the hidden wealth in the wilds of Nigeria”. We want to go for the ‘ungone’, write about the unwritten and explore the unexplored.
NTreks had been in existence since May 2003, during which it has undertaken a number of projects in-line with achieving her set goals stated above. Here are some of our activities so far:
- Exploration trips to numerous known/already-documented and unknown/never-documented tourist sites within the country.
- The discovery and mapping of some endangered talus caves and rock formations on the outskirts of Akure town, south-western Nigeria.
- The discovery and monitoring of an endangered community of a rare Terrapin Turtle species subsisting in gnammas located on granite inselbergs in Akure town, south-western Nigeria.
- Promotion of tourism consciousness among Nigerians at home by the publication of tourism and travel articles in local and National dailies, as well as on the Naijatreks blog.
- Support of student tourism clubs in a tertiary institutions within the country (Student Tourism Association of Nigeria [STAN], F.U.T.A Chapter). The F.U.T.A. Chapter of the association is the only existing chapter of the association till date. Any interested student of any Nigerian higher institution should contact Naijatreks through firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be glad to help you establish the association in your school.
About Folarin Kolawole
Founder of Naijatreks, Nigerian-born Folarin Kolawole’s travel writing and photography depict a passionate romance with nature’s endowments. He grew up in the small town of Akure, Ondo State. He is a travel writer, geologist, and researcher. When not at work, he travels the length and breadth of Nigeria, exploring, taking photos and writing about her numerous hidden tourist potentials.
Copyrights and Disclosure
Ntreks is a duly registered organization with the corporate affairs commission of Nigeria (CAC); and the contents of this Blog remain an intellectual property of Ntreks unless stated otherwise.
The contents on this blog are re-usable. However, it must be ensured that it is linked back to this blog, and correctly attributed to Folarin Kolawole or the author. Please do not edit, rewrite or commercialize the original works on this blog without direct and written permission from the author (Folarin Kolawole).